Qiuyun LlullDuke University Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2017 M.S. in Computer Science, 2016
I finished my Ph.D. program in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Duke University in May 2017. During my PhD studies, I worked with Dr. Benjamin C. Lee in the Computer Architecture Lab. My doctoral research focuses on datacenter resource management and performance modeling. In June 2017, I joined VMware as a Performance Engineer.
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Best Paper Award: HPCA
- 2017 Outstanding PhD Dissertation Award: Duke ECE Department
- 2017 Invited Alumni Speaker: Duke ECE Graduate Student Workshop
- 2013 Grace Hopper Celebration Twitter Scholarship
- 2012 Duke University Graduate Fellowship
2010 Outstanding Graduates: Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- ISPASS 2019 Program Committee
HPCA 2019 External Review Committee
"Microeconomic Models for Managing Shared Datacenters", Qiuyun Llull, Duke University, 2017. [ECE Outstanding PhD Dissertation Award]
- [HPCA '18] "Amdahl's Law in the Datacenter Era: A Market for Fair Processor Allocation", Seyed Majid Zahedi*, Qiuyun Llull* and Benjamin C. Lee. IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture. (*Co-first Author) [Best Paper Award]
- [HPCA '17] "Cooper: Task Colocation with Cooperative Games", Qiuyun Llull, Songchun Fan, Seyed Majid Zahedi and Benjamin C. Lee.
IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture. (slides)
- [HotMobile '17] "Predicting Sensory Data and Extending Battery Life for Wearable Devices", Songchun Fan, Qiuyun Llull and Benjamin C. Lee. The 18th Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications. (slides)
- [HotPower '15, OSR '15] "Modeling Communication Costs in Blade Servers" Qiuyun Wang and Benjamin C. Lee. The 2015 Workshop on Power-Aware Computing and Systems. (pdf, slides). [Best Paper][Selected Paper for Operating Systems Review]
- [ICASSP '12] "MAP Estimation of the Input of an Oversampled Filter Bank from Noisy Subbands by Belief Propagation"
Qiuyun Wang, Manel Abid, Michel Kieffer and Beatrice Pesquet-Popescu.
IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing.
"Datacenter Simulation Methodologies" Qiuyun Wang, Tamara Silbergleit Lehman, Seyed Majid Zahedi and Benjamin C. Lee
[ISCA '15, ISPASS '15, MICRO '14]
- "NUMA-aware Task-Scheduling Policies for Datacenter Servers",
Qiuyun Wang and Benjamin C. Lee. Duke ECE Graduate School Workshop, Jan. 2014.